Friday, December 2, 2011

With Someone Else's Eyes

If only I could borrow my thoughts toyou
and put you standing to my footprints for a moment
so maybe you'd see more clearly
why I won't budge from your side
even though you repeat time after time

how everything's wrong with you like in a sloping tower
and how gravity pulls your sanity together faster
than I can patch it with my words 
than you can cover it beneath deception yourself
 

I can't put it into words
all my thoughts and not even my emotions
even if I recognized every one of themmy emotional intelligence is rather primitive
and that's it'd do good for you to be me, for a while
not for long because it would hurt but
for a while anyway

so you'd see what I see:
you're worth it
 

And I know you don't even believe me
when I speak with my mout dripping foam and my eyes leaking
as if I was going to raise a deluge for a greater assurance

I know I'm not particularly believable
when I fumble and search for the right way

the one that would take me closer to my goal,
the moment when you understand
I'm not talking just to stay warm

and take my words as truth
 

But if only you could be me
and experience the subjectivity
which I hope to become more objective in you

experience it and understand
it's just as true
as my cold hands are
 

Then you'd question nothing anymore
and I could smile more freely

Because I love you for real

No comments:

Post a Comment