Monday, December 19, 2011

Together

I am panicking and I guess you can see that
when I go on and on with the same sentence
even when the answer is still the same, just more vexed
But what if it had changed after all, what if you got angry
and would shout everything out so that I would finally believe
that someday you might leave me
when you realize your effort is food for the anorectic

I'm afraid, that can't be denied
or gone over or under or otherwise just dropped
I see in your eyes how much it hurts you to know
that everything has meaning but still you can't help
with talking, acting, breathing the air softer
when everything has signs but not of salvation
not for me
I make this pretty difficult

Perhaps one day you don't have the energy to watch what you say
but you throw everything away like to a last night's ice
and everything sinks

That's what you fear the most, isn't it?

that you would admit yourself how tired you are
with me not grabbing anything, only shaking

and that frustrates and it leads to anger, aggression

How about if you were honest instead and demanded something from me
instead of trying only to protect, that doesn't work

Perhaps together we could get a little bit forward again?

No comments:

Post a Comment