Monday, December 19, 2011

Greedy

I don't always know what's enough
but I want it more, and bigger
I want all the hours of the day
and every breath of the night, every movement that sways the mattress
the crankiness of the morning and
the faint exhaustion of the evening

And I don't quite yet know what I can ask for
what would be reasonable or normal
when there doesn't seem to be any rules with this
none that I could read

But I want that and this as well

And I would want that I don't have to wake up alone
or tuck myself in
I want another smile next to mine into the bathroom mirror
and more stuff into my chaos

I don't know when we'll reach the bottom
will it first come from my desire or from your ability to give
yes, that's something to think about

Still I want that you love
me, even though all I can do is take

and if I could still get that from there
I would be as happy as ever for a moment

No comments:

Post a Comment