Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Good Friend

I guess I shouldn't react like this to your sincere will to change
a good friend would tap your back and carry
if the other's determination happened to waver
but my vision of the right direction does not correlate the path
you marked out with a crazy glint in your eyes, convinced
a better life would begin next monday
or at least someday when numbers settle in right order,
a new life with as much love as you can want

a new life which could be true now if you only realized
what I'd want to give to you

Do I betray you if I question your dream?

In principle you're not asking too much, conversely you're fishing reflections
on the surfaces of mirrors, in the bottom of a deep lake
don't you understand pictures will break once you touch them and then
there's nothing left but disappointment and in the worst scenario,
you have a new badly chosen target
which is just as sustainable as the former once you reach it


How could I explain it to you whe you believe nothing but yourself
your own truth has been painted on the sky, it'll last
despite how the reality around you turns out to be like

How could I explain to you that I'm frightened by this change
when you happen to be near perfection now, not tomorrow

when I'm afraid my eyes won't find the same beauty as they do now
if you strive to polish it with violence

when you're too deep in yourself to listen

A good friend would know how to turn this into a victory
and wouldn't run after you as you near, near what?
If only I knew that much, perhaps I wouldn't be this scared

No comments:

Post a Comment