Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Original Sin

How is man supposed to cover the original sin of their being
I understand the nature of my flaws and I'm not wishing for anything impossible,
I'm just tired of being forever worthless
to live in a middle of reflective surfaces
it should be relatively easy to decrease ballast
and change your outlines if only you make the changes with a heavy hand
not stopping to hesitate when the signs of danger blur in your eyes
I just can't anymore
fall behind my aims

How do the other do it
are they really that beautiful naturally
and did I just form like this
or have they simply struggled when I have trusted
in fairytales and ideals which define nothing but
what we'd like to think
Well, I know my limits
and I'm not chasing after superlatives
pretty or cute would be enough for now
but until then I'll keep my eyes closed
to prevent the bottom of a spoon from reflecting anything worse than truth

One day I'll correct the distortions
and I can face myself as I want
first I'll just have to take pains and hunger

but I'm not chasing after anything impossible

No comments:

Post a Comment