Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Too Late

Without the burden of your presence
I can now finally admit my weakness
whisper against the sorrow
that I truly do love you
But as always
I wake up too late

Do we ever realize how little time there is

for important things
those that carry you even after death

Your answer doesn't reach my ears, it never will

and that's why it's easy to let out all those restrained words
let the meanings flow between the lines
It's a long way to the afterlife
a safely long way
too long way

Do we ever act on time

to save ourselves from the damnation of loneliness
when death lasts longer than life

I couldn't encounter you face to face

now you can only haunt me from the grave
but do rest in peace already
my words are empty anyway
For what does it mean to be brave now
when there's nothing to fear

Do we know how the essential differs

from all the trifles of the world
when only the recognized can last

At last I can release from my lips

that sentence, that poets write about
and admit
that I loved you
even when you didn't believe in me anymore

Translated by Sith Fisto.

No comments:

Post a Comment