Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Cry for Help

"Help me"
I've never learned how to give in
to my weakness, even though it's not something you should be ashamed of
since I don't reproach others
but gladly offer my support
I guess it's easier to be strong and around
than to surrender yourself to that current
I guess it's more pleasing to be a god
than a wandering believer

"I need help"

those words don't come out easily
and after a long silence it's hard to say anything
when I know that tears will follow those words
You'd think that you get stronger with age
and wouldn't be as sad anymore
over things, that you just can't help with
I must be so sensible when I advise others
but can't show the light to myself

"I can't go on anymore"

but somehow you always gather your strength
for a new effort, sometimes even in vain
Anything, as long as I don't have to admit
that I am like others after all
that I'm not anything more special
not as strong as others have shown me to be
within the limits of my character
since no one knows
how I tremble when no one is looking

Translated by Sith Fisto.

No comments:

Post a Comment