Friday, September 23, 2011

Could You Change

Could you live with yourself if you changed
would you recognize the person looking at you from the mirror
if one piece of your shell fell
and you didn't turn around to pick up that burden anymore?
Well, I don't know
I'm too much under control to try, I might fall
Perhaps you have to make a choice between what defines you more:
what you want to be or
what you've always been

Could you face all the people
who think they've got a piece of your soul
if you suddenly revealed you've been deceiving them as well as you could
not because you're bad but lie is a lie nevertheless
Would you die away so you wouldn't bother them with your recklessness
or would you change location to another town, again and again
so you didn't have to freeze to the same position
Courage is a strange notion, my friend
you can waste huge amounts of it on little things
like lifting your gaze off the floor

And what if you fall apart
and it doesn't stop, no matter how you try
and no one thanks you for your honesty?
I don't know, I seriously don't
I don't dare to find out

No comments:

Post a Comment