Saturday, September 24, 2011

Promises

How much I'd want to promise you I won't leave
even though I well understand the nature of life, it won't give in
to the small quirks of man kind
I won't leave you behind, not anymore
but can I be happy if you don't return
if you decide that this has to come to an end
How afraid of your own thoughts you can be

Maiden is said to be at her prettiest after seeing 17 summers
and I can somehow take that
but do the best moments of life have to be gone already
so that I could as well die now
before the end comes, all too soon

I'd love to assure you that I'm not leaving
but you have to go somewhere when surroundings become hostile
still it doesn't mean I'd forget, you can't be turned into a dream by dementia
nevertheless I doubt if it's enough to make us happy

How could I start again, when I need to
if I know this won't happen twice
if I know I'll lose everything I'm capable of desiring

if the life really carry me anymore

But I love you even though it sickens me

No comments:

Post a Comment