Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Somebody

Somebody tell me when this is over
I don't dare to crack my eyes open
and witness the mess, the mixture of
shared pain, inhumanely clear memories
and already ruined promises
I can hear the echoes
as they travel through what was once sacred
and blow life back into them
to make them mock me
once the voices have died down

Somebody stay with me
so I'm not left alone to collect the missing pieces
Fairytales should get prettier towards the end
why is this just getting nastier by the day

I can hear the fight
and the silent celebration of another broken relationship
Those falling apart were supposed to protect me
and be one forever
But somebody please cover my eyes
until my tears have dried
Somebody should cover my mouth
until I have no more angry words to say
Until I can't make this any worse

I finally bought Sunrise Avenue's latest album Out Of Style. It's nowhere near as good as On The Way To Wonderland and it seems as if their first album will remain their best. But still song called Somebody Help Me managed to inspired me enough to write this.

No comments:

Post a Comment