Friday, July 22, 2011

As Good As

This was just as good as it was going to get
and now we're slipping further away
I don't know if gravity changed
beneath our feet
I want to hold on to you but I'm too angry
to confess how sad I am
and so you misunderstand me
like so often before
Every single beginning used to mean something
something happy, something shiny and positive
but now they look like little deaths
on our way to the grave

This was just as good as it could have been
there's no what-ifs there, no second thoughts
I know we ran this path to the end
I want to spin around and race again
but my enraged words are now chasing you away
You misunderstood me
and now you want me to leave you
like so many times before
We used to love each other
but we dropped it somewhere on the way
as it got more like a burden
to both of us

This was too good to be true
and I can't see another way to end this story
it was a dead end from the very beginning
I can only beg the final doom won't be painful
because I'm in pain already
I want to take your hand and lead you
to where we came from
but what used to be strenght to us
is now blocking the way
Every beginning is now just a partial death
and we have to bury each other here

No comments:

Post a Comment