Monday, July 11, 2011

Promise

You promised to be there
when I can't make another dawn to come,
another sunrise to start my life again
and you said you could show me the things
that are still here and still have a meaning
Things that didn't run away with everything I miss now
You said you would make it better
with your words and your words only

You promised to lead me
until I can make my own path into the sand
without missing the road signs, easy to read
You said you wouldn't take your hand away
before I let go myself
and you said it would be effortless to carry on
once I found the right way

I have now struggled to break free
from the fears and worries owning me
But you did nothing what you said you would
and nothing seems to be the way you said it is
Because I'm really lost and there's not much left
at least nothing I recognize as my own

And the sun is below the horizon for good
I can't bring it up for my eyes to admire

Actually I don't want to keep going
when all you painted for me was a fairytale
because if this world is this dark
then is there a reason to live in it?

2 comments:

  1. "I have now struggled to break free
    from the fears and worries owning me
    But you did nothing what you said you would
    and nothing seems to be the way you said it is
    Because I'm really lost and there's not much left
    at least nothing I recognize as my own"

    These lines just jumped out and grabbed me. There's all this tension between the lines and the first two lines of the stanza are especially well written :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are my favourite liines as well.

    ReplyDelete