Tuesday, July 5, 2011

People Say

I've heard people say I should aim for the stars
and it seems like my only option
since no tree top would be good enough for me
I can't settle on normal, on usual
because I have to go further
even if it means going there alone

I've heard people say I'll be something great
and that there's no doubt about it
but why do I find myself questoning
the route my life has taken?
When did I made the choice
not to be happy with simplicity

I've heard people say they're proud of me
but I'm just ashamed
of the go-getter I've turned out to be
for it's just a lie, it's just a lie
no one can see past
I'm just as afraid as everyone is
but I'm the one who's supposed to make it anyway

I've heard people say I'll be famous one day
but I don't want to be known by this name
not by what I've done
because I'd rather be normal and loved
for who I am, not for what I can do
or what I know
because I'd rather not be alone
than bask in the glory

No comments:

Post a Comment