Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Fire

I'll be the fire that catches you
and licks away your scars and the broken feathers
of your god-forsaken wings
I'll destroy everything you claimed your own
but save your beating heart
until I go down with the flames
and lie with you, cold like an iceberg

I'll be the fire that releases you from your sins
which you call simple mistakes
from your haunting past
I'll take the flesh off your bones
and boil your blood away
but I'll make sure your name remains unforgotten
as I die with you

I'll be the fire to warm you again
as the cold world has ruined your all
your loving heart, your weak soul
and every single good thing you managed to gain
I'll show your true nature
as you turn into lethal flames and burning heat
and paint your beauty with fading colors of life
And with you I'm not afraid of death,
the ashes that become after the fire
You're not a phoenix
but trust me, death is not the worst thing for a human being

No comments:

Post a Comment