Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Out Of Ordinary

It feels like all the thanks and goodbyes
have lost their meaning
and turned into what they usually are: a mere habit
But I don't want our friendship to be described like all the others
I don't want to define us as nothing out of ordinary
I used to see the flame of your soul
as we'd write down our pain
and give it away, word by word
But now I see just the dead end

I don't hear you beneath the compliments and phrases
not the way I used to
What does it tell me?

I remember too well how we used to talk
about everything between the earth and the sky
but always return safely before going to bed
Now you leave me soaring up there alone,
your eyes closed and hands clamped over your mouth
I don't know what you're holding back
but it's making us ordinary
just like two friends should be

I don't want to be what I should be
Not with you

And when you say you love me
it's just a habit as well
All our memories, all the things we used to laugh at
are now written on the stone
and we shall not break free from that law
because then there's nothing left
From what used to be so great
what was meant to be everlasting

No comments:

Post a Comment