Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My Pieces

Strange enough, it feels like my pieces are getting away
I was sure they were safely piled in my heart
and stored for better days
when I'd have time to sort them, to put them together
But now I watch them slip between my fingers
like they never belonged to me
and they're running further, like they had wings
They're flying further than I'd ever go

I thought I had control over them
heartbreak is not the end of the world
and I knew I could fix myself over time
if I only could muster up enough strength
And I assumed the pieces would wait nicely
and never, ever rebel
But now they're almost gone
and I don't dare to stop them
Because they'll see the things I can only dream of

My pieces are flying away with the wind
and screaming happily as they go
I guess my heart felt like a prison to them
as they had no place to move
I guess my pieces wanted to live more than I did
and made the effort to do so

While I stay here and regret

2 comments:

  1. That's a really awesome piece, the best I've read in a while. Such imagery! I don't know how you do it sometimes. I wish I could choose a part to quote but I'd only end up quoting the entire thing. I really love it. It's one of your best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I don't know how I do it either. yeah I'm quite happy how this one turned out ^^ thank you so much. <3

    ReplyDelete