Sunday, May 29, 2011

Replay

I need a replay of what we had
even if it was tearing me apart
At least I could feel it, could sense the pain
at least it touched me
Now I don't know my own limits anymore
seems as if you drew them for me
like a map of the the fairytale land

I need a replay if not the real thing
I want to imagine you here,
drawing imaginary patterns on my skin
with your spider-like fingers

You don't know how it is like
to just sit and see
how everything passes by
And realize our promises are disappearing
just like my hold of you
I know it should kill me
but why do I feel nothing but the growing vortex
of emptiness?

I want a replay
even if it takes everything I have
because like this I'm not worthy
My boundaries are fading into thin air
at least with you I could feel the pain
when it was there
Now it's all nothing

SHINee published their Japanese version of their debut song Replay few days ago and I've been listening and watching it ever since. It's just so... perfect. I did like the original Korean version though the MV wasn't that brilliant and I was sure I wouldn't like the Japanese version. But actually I do! and damn are those guys just so hot... Don't let me get started with fangirling, I can't stop it once I begin!

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure that no matter how good this song is this poem is better.

    And realize our promises are disappearing
    just like my hold of you
    I know it should kill me
    but why do I feel nothing but the growing vortex
    of emptiness?

    That is just beautiful right there.
    Replays really can be lifesavers, I know I used to cling on to my own mental replays of things when everything seemed dark, but you got to make sure they are the right ones. There is no use replaying anything but the good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. unfortunately the bad memories are the ones that come in mind when you're feeling down, not the happy ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes... that is much too often the case.

    ReplyDelete
  4. there's actually scientific explanation for that though but it works the other way around as well: if you force yourself to think of the happy memories, your mood will cheer up as well.

    ReplyDelete