Thursday, May 26, 2011

Fog

Oh how the world shrinks again
when fog is leaning against the window
like it was trying to come in
The walls are barely able to stand
and I don't have the energy for anyone from the outside,
or for any touches
Don't come, stay away world
I can't face you right now
Why do you come to me now
Why do you concentrate into a ring around my abode
now that I can't handle it

The world shrinks minute by minute
when the fog creeps closer
presses its cheek against the cold glass,
the only thing keeping it away
Why can't I see the sky, the clouds
my hospitality has ended
The whole house is swaying on its stone base
I wait holding my breath
when will the outside come crashing in

I hear how the fog is breathing quietly
at the edges of my thin cladding
mere willpower is keeping me from falling into the same rhythm

Oh stay away now world
when I can't help even myself
Grow once more and dry the fog as you go

Blogger is messing with my com
puter and I can't post anything, not even sign in. I'm on my friend's laptop right now... Sigh. I don't know, I'll have to try and fix it during the weekend because I'd really like to be able to use my own computer for working on my poems.

Translated by Sith Fisto.

No comments:

Post a Comment