Friday, June 3, 2011

Longing and Love

Does longing feel better
than real love and its burning
Is it more powerful after all
more meaningful
Am I more attached to you
when I don't see your face
Am I even happier
I'm being eaten from the inside instead of
being burnt by a glaring flame

Does the strong craving brush my inside more gently
than love and its demands
which in the end serve only the outer shell
Is it better just wait than actually gain
Do I wait for the departure with more excitement
than the reunion?
And still I can't escape
since I do need love to keep my longing fresh

Is it more beautiful in its fragility
and more appropriate in a way
than heated love
that can't be hidden
Do I prefer languishing
than giving my all for someone else

Sith Fisto is quite busy so I'm actually doing the translations myself. Lol.

1 comment:

  1. Theoretically I'd say that longing is what keeps love alive, cause if you don't miss it every now and then, how do you know what it's worth? But in practice of course it's much more complicated, and I don't know how many times I traded in longing for comfort. There's something beautiful in the fragile longing, though.

    And you are doing just fine translating yourself :)

    ReplyDelete