Thursday, March 24, 2011

Subjective

What I believe in is my subjective truth
may it not be true or not
but it's all there's left when I'm alone,
alone to play with my head
and try to keep in under control
My own thoughts are all I can rely on
when everyone else just lies
At least I know if I'm honest

Subjective can become objective
when you repeat it long enough
It grows bigger than just a belief,
it is eventually real
And it's all I've got when I'm alone
for there's nothing else to keep my state of mind calm
Keep it steady and sane
Everyone lies
to misslead fools and trick the others

This may have a name: cynicism
but I don't care for I know
my own thoughts are the ones that affect me the most
and only I cannot leave my side
nor break the vows
I'll be all there's left when I'm alone
and then it's the subjective that defines the world

No comments:

Post a Comment