Saturday, March 26, 2011

Perfectionism

Perfectionism
I know what it can do
how ruthlessness eats you from the inside
burrowing deeper, it clings on
and becomes a part of your primal character, your persona
You can't root it
because there's too many metastases
And it's very happy within me
and doesn't bow to anything
but I succumb to it
I am it's servant
without any greater meaning

Perfectionism, an enemy of the soul if anything
I know it inside out but can't control it
and even though I see its tricks and know its lies
I'm always an easy target
for you can't become immune to perfectionism
if you get captured by it once
And in the end you don't know whether you want to get rid of it or not
pr is it a gift after all
that you should use the best way you can

I also know it leads to destruction
even when I don't want to believe it
and even when I think my strength will stretch just a little further
After all, my achievements are higher than my losses
Perhaps I will die to this, I can't know for sure
we will know it eventually, time will tell
I am without will, I am weak
and I don't want to try and survive without my determined master

Translated by Sith Fisto.

No comments:

Post a Comment