Sunday, February 15, 2009

One dusty box and a cramped heart

Look, what I have under my bed
One dusty box
Guess what´s in it
It´s old and quiet
It doesn´t scream "I´m here!"
But once it was loud and difficult to hide

Look, what I have written on it
"Regret, pain, sorrow, despair"
And that´s what it keeps inside
I took them away from my heart and
Locked up there
They sleep one eye open
How easy it is to wake them up!

Now, let them be
I don´t need to remember
It´s better to keep them in a jail
Than try to keep them in my cramped heart

4 comments:

  1. Hmm. This is quite interesting a poem. Somehow open and quiet at the same time... Or at least that's the feeling it's giving me. So I'm not saying this one's better or worse than your other pieces; I'm saying it's interesting in a different way (if you know what I mean; tell me if I'm not making any sense xD ).

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe I understand what you´re saying :D I think I do ;) yep, it keeps a lot hidden.. :P thanx ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. :O That's the best bloody thing you ever bloody wrote :o

    I love every single line, I can't even pick any lines. Such language, such vividness... something of despair yet of hope somehow... strangely. I LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what can I say :) awwwww, million thanx!

    ReplyDelete