Thursday, August 12, 2010

Requiem

It's time for your requiem
Can you hear the bells?
Their booming carries the message
so they can open your grave
And secure your final resting place
I light a candle but won't yet cry
for it's only the first few chords
-We've still got time

Do you feel how the stone is pushed away
from blocking the mouth of the mausoleum
The men already working hard
digging a hole into the rocky ground
The intro is now over
and your heart still gets to beat
But soon, soon ends the music
as the final notes turn into sound
But no, I won't grief just yet
I have time for that later
and I can still feel your warmth on my hand
May that be a sign for me

So eager is Death to approach
the scythe burning bright
Fear not, for it is a gentle and worthy death
if you won't break before it
Now comes the silence
singing in the final whisper
No more ringing of the bells
you've gone away already
I place the wreath on your chest
you can close your eyes now
The journey to the afterlife is already over
for you have already arrived
and I can have my long awaited tears
but you can't take them with you

Translated by Sith Fisto.

No comments:

Post a Comment