Tuesday, September 7, 2010

You´re a promise to me 2nd

Behind the unfathomable distance
you are, with everything you have
and here I am trying to reach you
from where I will never find you
You've disappeared into the fog of space
your voice lost over the distance
Mountains and plains rise thundering between us
and I can't feel even a brush from you

If I were a psychic
I could feel your aura pulsating among all the others
now I have to try and image it's fragile twinkle
like a candle sending a message to outer space
With white fingers I hold myself
waiting for a connection
and all I feel is the enormous longing
of intimacy that I never did have
To me you're a promise that never was made
that was never validated with a blood oath
You're a promise that can't be kept
the one I lean into to survive through this

You're words in my memory
that are slowly fading away
I chase them through cold dreams
to store what left of them
that have no other safety net to fall on
Your spirit is far away, and I can't catch it
I'll send you smoke signals, do what it takes
The rhythm of the drums calls out for you
getting lost in the way
fading away like the flutter of a butterfly
and the cyclone will never arise

You are unrecorded things
something that doesn't exist in the physical world
With weakening arms I try to hold on to the little
that you had time to give me
It's like heroin that I'm craving more and more
and I can't give up just yet
Surrender is a sure way to destruction
when I'm staggering so close already
I'll take one last breath
before a lonely death
I'm still trying to reach you
find a channel to you
Your aura is pulsating in the horizon
behind solid walls
I'm still here as well
unwilling to leave
until you're here again

The distance is keeping us apart
Souls forged from the same spirit
I'd want to believe in telepathy, but I guess your mind is too bleary
to receive my feeble thoughts
Thoughts that emanate pain
Pain that your separation causes
Don't let the mountains grow any higher
don't let the plains get any wider
The shadows grow with them
But still I wait for you
and refuse to give up

I can't give up, because of you
I promised to be here, to do what I can
It's time to reclaim those promises we already made
and hold on to those we never had time to say out loud

So I asked Sith Fisto to just read my translation through and fix whatever needed to be fixed. And she re-translated it. I´m so glad she did because this one is so much better than my version of it. As expected. I wanted to re-post this and "I´ll save the world" (which she also re-translated) so you can see it yourself. No reason to hide good work!

4 comments:

  1. I see what you mean, it's very intriguing in this translation, it totally pulled me in.

    "You are unrecorded things
    something that doesn't exist in the physical world
    With weakening arms I try to hold on to the little
    that you had time to give me"

    That's just so damn beautiful I can't describe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah the difference is just huge. now it looks like I´ve been raping some of my poems xD

    thanks. and yet so very true, when you think of the person it was written to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poem rape. That's new xD
    Yeah I have no idea, I've never had to really translate stuff but I like both kinds. This way it gets more elaborate and it feels as much karo as before but that doesn't mean that it sucked before. Quite the opposite <3

    I am guessing it's the same person as before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, thanx xD no but I do realize that Sith Fisto has so much more knowledge and her vocabulary is larger than mine, so it´s obvious that she´s better translator than I am. With simple pieces I´m pretty okay but poems like this one are just too much to chew.

    the same person as it was before. I´ve managed to stop thinking of him (them) but it still doesn´t mean that it didn´t bother me sometimes. it still does but seems like it´s part of my past now.

    ReplyDelete