Friday, September 17, 2010

Extreme, addiction

You were part of my sane days
now chasing me over the edge
with no sense of mercy
Isn´t it enough already?
Haven´t I gone more than far?
Haven´t you?

Extreme is never healthy,
like I didn´t know
no need to prove it
I believe you
Go away

I´m crazy by now
you don´t have to tell me that
but it doesn´t give you the right
to keep pushing me
closer and closer,
deeper and deeper
Just let it be

Ultimate is never rational
but something you should be able to leave aside
I´m not stupid
I can see it
and admit I was wrong
Now I´m not

Oh yes, my visions are blurry
I see only the lights
in the middle of the darkness
you´re creating over my head
to make me lost
I´m already your victim,
just forget it

Obsession is never pleasure in the end
when the joy goes too far
and starts feeling like pain
But it´s too late then
to regret, to be sorry
Though you could still die

I give up, happy now?
You got what you wanted,
I got what I deserved
if the world works the way you wish
Now I´m completely lunatic,
want to come and see me
like this, like I´m not

Addiction is never the saviour
it pretends to be
when you start playing with it
You think you can avoid it
but there´s no way escaping
Just let me die

4 comments:

  1. "Obsession is never pleasure in the end"

    If I told myself this more often I would be much, much more at ease with things...

    Strong piece, honey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. same here, same here. and maybe I could leave my fingers alone as well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking of obsession with other people xD But of course that counts as well. And gives more depth to the piece as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah I know what you mean with the other people and agree as well. my fingers just came to my mind simply because they´re pretty bad again.

    ReplyDelete