Monday, September 20, 2010

Devil

Are you serious
because I'm not quite sure
and you refuse to tell, you devilish creature
Yes, I don't know
when I don't recognize your tone
Your motives are the embodiment of mystery

You say one but what is that you really mean
Many things are left for guessing
and I'm no good at it,
nowhere near as good as you are
Even when you're drunk you won't let go of your secret
but cling to it even tighter
behind that jestering smile

You don't know me, this shouldn't be possible
You shouldn't know how to hurt me
how to cloud my weak self-respect
Keep your poisonous words to yourself
so to not create a mess you can't fix

Do you really mean
what you say behind your metaphors
Will you still keep your word
if your sentences are turned into plain English
into something I can understand as well?

It's a dangerous game you're playing
at my expense

4 comments:

  1. That's pretty sad... makes me wonder what it's about in case it's not purely metaphorical. Either how it really moved me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well it was inspired by that "special someone" though she´s not really hurting me or anything, just teasing actually. I hope...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I see. It'll be interesting how this goes. :)

    ReplyDelete