Friday, June 3, 2011

Fear

I'm greatly afraid
that if I let you go away
you'll return badly changed
and I can't separate the change from damage
or heal you to your old self
Not to mention judging you, like I was any better
But still I'm scared, so scared
for your innosence
you may not realize its value
but if I was you, I'd take better care of it

Every moment I wait with terror
when you're going to disappear and never come back
with that same look in your eyes
And there's nothing to cover up
what has taken shape inside of you
Still can I tell you no, as if I was wiser
I don't have that power
I stay up every night, waiting
when the world is going to take your most precious
My most meaningful

And every morning when I look at myself in the eye
I see what I'm scared I'll to find in your soul one day

2 comments:

  1. That's very deep... thoughtful.

    You might want to spell that "innocence" in the first stanza (but you definitely don't have to).

    I love the last lines, I love the whole feeling of this poem. It feels kind of angry somehow. Am I right? But also full of fear. It's quite interesting. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't say angry, no... full of fear, yes. and yeah, I like this a lot too, don't know exactly why.

    ReplyDelete