Friday, June 3, 2011

Ocean and Wind

The ocean is black too
as I know it's yet again another road away
Another way to escape
and I can't stop you, not deny either
because what right would I do it with
What could I use to calm down my conscience
even if my heart found peace?
The waves rock back and forth
along with them you get away
if you only want
As soon as you get everything you need with you

The wind is bittersweet,
like a betrayed lover's fingers on my skin,
because it'll raise your sails
And even if I stand on its way, I can't stop it
What could stop the powers of nature?
I can't understand what draws you away from me
and it's a heavy sting in my heart
but how could I forgive myself
my selfishness
if I asked you to stay
The wind won't die down, it blows
and zaps you from me
when you eventually say goodbye

2 comments:

  1. You're so good at finding fresh things to write about and fresh ways to write them. Many times I feel like my poems are just repeating the same old message. So many people write poems that just fall out of your head as soon as you've read them... but yours are so different, they totally stick with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aish, what a huge compliment again... <3 and like I've said to you million times, that's not true when it comes to your poems!

    ReplyDelete