Saturday, June 4, 2011

A Moth

Into the night we must go
though a moth like me
would rather spin around the white light
blinded, never finding the way out
and not feel this pain or pressure
but fly until my wings are tattered
Because what would it be compared to the fear of the unknown

The darkness we must face, at last
even though it's the one I escaped from
If only I could see even just a glimpse of light
to navigate by, otherwise I'll get lost
My thin wings won't take me far
as long as the sun doesn't rise
even though moths are not allowed to fly at day

We must abandon the safe haven
before the light goes down when the string burns out
Then we have to go
now we're at least ready for it
Though I'd rather blind my eyes in the light
than see what's in the dark

2 comments:

  1. Though I'd rather blind my eyes in the light
    than see what's in the dark

    A little scary, but very beautiful indeed. This reminds me of my moth tattoo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda like this one. it was totally inspired by PotF's Late Goodbye and its MV.

    ReplyDelete