Friday, February 4, 2011

Mirror

I look at the figure in the mirror
a picture of a god that's waiting the lucky ones in heaven
I see the man that was created as the image of god
who isn't all powerful and doesn't posses unlimited power
not to mention faith
they must have been reaped away with time
as evolution worked its magic
I can only miss that what is taken from me, not the utopia
and I wouldn't want the whole world on my shoulders

I stare at myself in the mirror
I wonder where they have hidden the holiness
that should reside even in me
I cannot see it, guess I must be too earthly
and no one wants a god like me
wavering and self-doubting
for all the ones that have hope I wish it isn't so
that god isn't one of us

I examine the reflection on the mirror
I'm mortal and can succumb at any time
despite that all the power is on the man
my erring race
My gaze is met by good and evil
the power struggle between the god and the devil
but the choice is all mine

No comments:

Post a Comment