Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Why

Why is the end of love only tears
tears of farewell and goodbye
Why does it have to end like this,
hurting both too much,
blinding us from the light
Happy, shared memories turn bad, bittersweet
too painful to hold
Why isn't love forever
if losing it makes you old and sick

Why does it seem so desperate to live
live without you shielding me
Why were we the weak ones,
unable to keep this alive for any longer
Is happiness really an illusion,
a pretty picture I believed to be true
I seek for an explanation to grasp this all
but how could a feeling be reasonable
Why should we pick ourselves up
if we're going to be broken again

Why don't I feel relief now
now when I eventually know it's over
when I don't have to tiptoe anymore
I guess nurturing our love was still better
than see it fade and die
Why doesn't love become meaningless
before the end comes and destroys everything
Why are only the cliches left from our words
we sealed our promises with?

Inspired by Onew's and Jonghyun's duet "Tragedy". Yes, I know, it's sappy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fybct2F8Ixw&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment