Saturday, February 19, 2011

One Reason to Dream

There's only one reason why I lay down on my bed
and close my eyes time after time from the darkness
It's not to rest or have a peace of mind
when my thoughts stop running in circles
even if it's just for few moments
No, it's for greater purposes
I give myself away only to dream

And there's only one reason I dream
why I yearn for it like I was drowning
and it was my only hope to find the ship again
My body may need sleep to recover
not to let me down when I need it most
but for my soul there's only one reason to sleep, to dream

I want to reach you through the visions
my own mind creates for me
to be displayed when I'm drifting
between this world and something else
True or not, it's all the same
And does it matter if I would like it to be more concrete
something to hold with my both hands
Because just the picture is so vivid,
so beautiful to look at during all those hours I spend sleeping

I dream only of you,
only to see you again
Does it matter if you exist or not
when all I want is that illusion we call a dream
I wish to close my eyes again from the world around me
and see you in the reality no one can ever live in

No comments:

Post a Comment