Saturday, January 1, 2011

Perfection

Perfection is nothing but a fantasy
I've built around myself to be my face, to be my frame
I don't need a hide out, I just want some peace occasionally
And oh yes I know how perfection scares you ordinary ones
it looks huge and strong, that's its purpose
I've built it but I don't control it
You see, it is the master, the one I must obey
and it's demanding, it wants it all
All my blood, all my soul, all my skill and gifts
All my attention
And still it's not happy before I'm cold

Perfection is bliss to the one who carries it
to the one who can act like it weights nothing

I must destroy my mistakes for my master
My master will accept only my all
but I think that over the time, over the years
I've spent here, safe
my all has become less and less
and soon everything I was or had will be nothing

That's the price of not beauty but perfection,
the price of not pride but security

No comments:

Post a Comment