Sunday, August 7, 2011

Saviour

Can I offer an excuse big enough
for you to keep waking up in the mornings
and pull an unwilling smile on your face
even when you miss the silence of the grave
The responsibility breaths next to me but in a different rate
so that I'll hear its every inhale, like the very last one
there's enough oxygen for only one of us in this room
And I don't know how to move on myself
when the world is like a coloring book
and crayons are all broken to pieces
Lost with the sharpener

I don't know how to appeal to your common sense,
not to mention your feelings
you wanted me to pull you towards the victory
and towards what waits you behind the horizon
but how could I make you move
when responsibility rests on my shoulders as an extra difficulty
All my promises I tied my hands and eyes with
without an emergency exit, should the situation become perilous
I know I'm at the edge of the well with you
which one should go first

You don't want to do it for yourself
but you don't love me enough either
to keep bailing when the edge are already under the surface
Shall we watch the dead together then, when it comes
if it's all we can
I was so afraid of losing your trust
but maybe I should have being more afraid of its consequences
I so earnestly swore I wouldn't fall
or break
So watch now how the strong ones crumble
one after another

Who should go first, you or me?

No comments:

Post a Comment