Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Comfort

I still don't know how exactly do you do it:
appear next to me to offer comfort
that I barely even knew I needed
But I still accept it,
my attention-seeking character can't say no
my fear of being left alone can't refuse

Perhaps I have hidden my needs too long
so to not be a burden,
that I could see the signs the way you do
Or I might have let you get too close,
told you about myself too much the way only an idiot can
You fool, my fears are screaming
haven't you learned that your burdens are not for others

True, it is scary that you know me better
than what I do, with the experience of my whole life
You don't say a word,
but your constantly moving hand on my shoulder blades tells more
And soon I'm holding back tears like a rope dancer
only a fall under me
You offer safety I didn't want to need
One I can't trust, so it wouldn't turn into a habit

Are my feelins so clearly read from my face,
even when I turn them away?
Is my exhaustion so evident weight on my posture,
even when I don't admit how heavy it is?
But there's no way I can say no, even when it hurts to know
that this can't last forever

And still I don't understand why you do it

Translated by Sith Fisto. She's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment