Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Evil

There's no face for this evil from within
no description to make it more humane
It's like an endless ocean
without that comforting bottom far below
I can't hold on to it no matter how I try
and it is indeed impossible
when its grasp on me is deadly

That evil rises from the foundations
from what was buried to ground to hold up the whole
and it makes me feel deadly ill
I can't give it a name
and I'm afraid to recognize it's power
over me
But it's all that can define me

Surely someone has felt the same
but human language or literature doesn't confess that
doesn't give it existence, even though that is what it would need
At least you wouldn't have to write bad poetry
to be able to chain it in restricted meanings

It rises from the deep
and makes the days long and dark as sin
and through it I don't see means to end this madness
other than ever deeper depression
Perhaps somewhere is a place where it no longer reaches

Translated by Sith Fisto.

No comments:

Post a Comment