Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Pictures

What do I do, I have fallen in love with pictures
thin and translucent
forever smiling
as if they were real people
with emotions and flaws
And that they are, somewhere behind the photoshop
but that's something their reflecting surface doesn't offer me
Paper and ink,
as real as words in a letter

I've fallen in love with shining pictures,
made perfect with a computer
and what the makeup doesn't cover, the eye doesn't need to see
I wonder if my feelings are as unreal
I don't know, I only know that which I feel
They fade away, offer no support
not to mention love you back
What is it that I'm looking for

At least they don't say no, never no

And when the lights go out and the cameras are taken away
that which remains, the world can't see
Nevertheless even lies were enough to steal my heart

I have fallen in love with pure pictures

Translated by Sith Fisto. Inspired by my obsession with Kpop idols.

No comments:

Post a Comment