Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Explanation

I can't say that I hate you
one short phrase can't fully explain
what I feel and what's the real truth
if there is any
Three words, how much meaning can they bear
still I don't know if there's a way
to put into words what I'm trying to say
or will exhausting explanation make it any clearer
or easier to grasp
As the sentences grow, more there is between
and less accurate they become

Hate is a powerful word
it may end one's life if used carelessly
But what other name does this feeling have

The expression on your face says it all
you don't get it, you can't see the truth
still you must have known what lies beneath the smiles
even when I tried to lie
even now when I don't know what to say
Honesty should speak by itself
but yet again I'm troubled as there are no words
to make my message short but understandable
More lines I write, more rhymes I make
less I really say or intent to tell
explanations are pretty to the ears but pain to the heart

I'm weighing my words too much
As I try my best not to hurt, it is hard to see my intensions
and after all it's those three words that say everything

Inspired by Bex and her newest poem Gatekeeper.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you got all that out of three words? I'm impressed ;) Well seriously this is probably my new favorite of yours, it's totally the best one of your latest ones, and still they have all been good. And I recognize myself a lot in it, but perhaps that has a reason since it was my poem that inspired it xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. my inspiration does come from weird places, haha ^^ though I'm not that happy with this one, my personal opinion is that I've written a lot better ones lately. it just doesn't work in a way I would like it to.

    ReplyDelete