Saturday, April 2, 2011

Affection

If you feel no pain
have you had time to get attached at all
or is the intimacy and connection just imagination
almost real but not quite
If I only knew how to answer
when I dwell on it myself as well
Why doesn't your withdrawing hurt more
why don't I bleed from my heart
like they always do in great love stories?
Don't I know how to love?

Why do I survive instead of getting destroyed
like I should, burning in the flames of hell
Still I rise, still keep going forward
and it's not even a choice, it just happens
Can I even become attached to someone, care, love?
or are my heart and feelings just cut out from cardboard
without the ability to cling on and suffer
And if so then why, how did it come to this
when did I lost my humanity
with the feelings of sorrow?

Translated by Sith Fisto.

2 comments:

  1. Aw :/ You're not made of cardboard, honey. Your poems alone prove that. And if you were, in a way you should be lucky... it hurts to feel. I'm way too emotional for my own good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, it's a long story and should not be discussed here. but I feel a little emotionless sometimes. odd but who knows.

    ReplyDelete