Thursday, June 10, 2010

Wait

Could you wait for me, please
Just one moment more
I´ll come and pick you up then
right now I´m busy
But don´t worry:
I´m hurrying only for you
I´m coming as fast as I can

Wait, don´t go yet
I´m late and
I can´t get the time back I´ve once lost
But I promised, didn´t I
I don´t remember ever betraying a single promise
I´ve made for you
Hold on to my words
while you still recall them
Repeat them in your mind and
you know the truth
I´d never play tricks on you
I´m far too much in love for it
So wait just a little
I´ll catch up with you soon

You´re watering the ground with your tears
in vain, I can tell you
I´m just behind the next turning
always one step after your gaze
If you paid attention you would notice I´m present
I´m not lost
just ended up far away
but I´ll find my way back

If you just call my name

World is huge, my love
You get easily lost there
and obstacles are sometimes enormous
I´m not as strong as I´d like to be
for you
I try anyway, I do my best
I´ll come and get you
if you can wait just a moment longer

1 comment:

  1. That's how I feel about many of my faraway friends. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete