Sunday, June 20, 2010

A life worth living

Would you fall for me?
I´m down here,
reaching up to the rest of the world
And it´s shining so beautiful,
so unreachable
My eyes hurt to look up to the sun
I´m a creature of dark,
of all you´ve ever been scared of
Now, gime me your hand
pull me up
take me there
where air is clean and breathable

Do you want to reach for me?
Bend, bend your body over the edge
you just might see me
if you really try to
I´m so dark myself
so rotten inside
I´ve become almost like everyone else
Save me right now
if you´re going to
Tomorrow I might be too deep to want it

I´m reaching for you, for someone to listen
Someone to whisper all my fears
I won´t make a sound, don´t be looking for it
I´m silent like the darkness itself
just as shallow as all the shadows
I´m the creature of the dark
wishing you could be like me
You´re the promise of better times,
better days
A life worth living

I´m leaning on your good heart
Your warm, caring side
Don´t leave me here, rotting
One day more and I´ll be gone
Like the shadows when the sun comes up

No comments:

Post a Comment