Friday, May 28, 2010

You´re a promise to me

Behind the immense distances
you are, with your all
And I try to reach you with my hands from here
Where I´ll never find you
You´ve disappeared to the mist of the distance
your voice gets lost when it travels over the kilometers
Mountains and plains rise between us
and I can´t feel a single touch of you

If I was a psychic
I could feel your aura´s beat among the others
Now I have to imagine its fragile twinkle
like a candle, signaling out to the space
I hold myself while waiting
to get a connection with you
I neither feel anything but enormous longing
for intimacy that I´ve never had
You´re a promise to me which was never made
which we had never time to confirm like blood brothers
You´re a promise which will never be fulfilled
The one I lean on to get through this

You´re words in my memories
fading slowly away
In my cold dreams I chase them
to store their remains in my mind
and my mind has no other protection to fall on
Your spirit´s far away and I can´t catch you
I send smoke signals, I do whatever
The jungle drums´rhythm comes to you
but it´s lost on the way
dying down like butterfly´s wings´ flutter
and the cyclone will never arise

You´re unrecorded things
something that doesn´t exist in concrete world
With weakening hands I try to hang on to the little
what you had time to give to me
I want more, like it´s heroin
and I can´t give up yet
Surrender is certain way to destruction
when I´m staggering so close already
I´ll take my last gasp
before my lonely death
Still I try to reach you
find a channel to you
Your aura beats in remoteness
behind sturdy walls
Still I´m here
and I won´t go
until you´re here again

Distance keeps us apart
souls, made from the same spirit
I´d love to believe in telepathy but I guess your mind is too muddy
to receive my thoughts
exhaling pain
your separating causes
Don´t let the mountains grow
don´t let the plains stretch
Shadows´ll grow with them
but I´ll wait you despite their existence
and I refuse to give up

Because of you I can´t give up
I promised to be here, to do anything
Now it´s time to reclaim all promises we had time to make
and hold on to them we had never time to say out loud

I just wrote it to get some thoughts down. About this all. There´s another "poem" like this waiting but I´m not sure when I´ve got enoygh energy to translate it. This one took so long and it´s still shorter the one waiting. But yeah. This is what I think, guess about who.

No comments:

Post a Comment