Saturday, June 26, 2010

Soulless

I´ve heard that I can have no soul
since I deny God
Like something had broken inside of me
at the very moment I started to rely on science
But I don´t understand such a lie
because of course I´ve got a soul
If not, then what´s the part crying in me
when my eyes refuse to do their job?

For me the soul is just a name for
what makes me me
The one that cries over the sorrows of the world
which yells in confusion
pouring all the feelings it carried on paper
as a desperate effort to save all the fleeting moments

No, you can´t disclaim my soul
and there´s not a religion that would make it more real
The ones dying in their faith, blind and unwise
slaves of their god
I can´t save, don´t even want to
And do not tell me lies
which I easily know to be only horror stories

No comments:

Post a Comment