Saturday, December 18, 2010

The past

The past still hurts
If it was an open wound, I could heal it
I could put a bandaid on it
and wait for it to turn into a scar
It wouldn´t be a burdain to carry around
in my mind, in my heart
In the every part of me that can remember

The past is there when I look around
it doesn´t define my future but colors it
How much space does it leave for me
to decide how I´m going to paint it
with my own kind of colours
my handwriting on it

The more time passes by, more there is to be called past
The more time passes me,
more space there is between me and my history
and more space there is, the more I forget
little details have already faded
but the worthwhile things,
memories I´d like to destroy
those will remain

2 comments:

  1. Memories I'd like to destroy, those will remain

    You're on a roll or something. These pieces are so much you. And so deep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha kind of xD I'm a roll! anyway, yes, I've written few pieces like this lately. I guess I've just been thinking a lot as well.

    ReplyDelete