Saturday, December 4, 2010

The past, the pain

The past still hurts
if I go back to it and try to read it
Try to understand with new eyes
if there was something hidden
to make it easier to bear
something to explain it all reasonable

The pain comes even when I avoid it
the future has nothing to keep me happy
keep me distracted
My mind is hurt, it won´t believe anymore
can´t hold on to promises
after seeing so many end up broken

My past is haunting
with cold hands it keeps me attached
There´s no secret, at least I can´t find any
It has no reasons
and it doesn´t want to be healed
And no matter how mature I grow,
the past is the same
with nothing new to see

How long can I keep myself sane with all this

2 comments:

  1. This is a nice piece, not your best but it's appealing and very personal. And I recognize myself in it very much. Especially in these lines.

    "The past still hurts
    if I go back to it and try to read it
    Try to understand with new eyes
    if there was something hidden
    to make it easier to bare"

    and

    "It has no reasons
    and it doesn´t want to be healed"

    That's so me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, true, it´s not that awesome. just had to write it down anyway.

    I wish it was not.

    ReplyDelete