Saturday, December 4, 2010

A legend

It´s been a long time
since we talked for the last time
Bitter words, both hurt
and one of us finally running
turning away
to avoid being revealed

I thought I had forgotten most of you
moved on and grown up
but calling your name is impossible
as I try to share my past
It still has power over me
it still means something more

I tried to act like it was nothing
like the sobs were far away

I have forgotten some
but you´ve become a legend
your story unfolds slowly in my head
as I try to keep it close to reality
it´s fading but not away

It´s been a long time
and I was sure I wouldn´t miss you
now that I have a life
But I´d give a lot to get you back
even for a moment
to see if my picture of you is still true

So, you might even recognize the person/people I´m talking about. I just thought of them after a long time and found it really, really hard. It still is. How odd. How sad.

2 comments:

  1. This poem is soo brilliant. Very Karo. And you're not the only one having these feelings. Maybe they won't ever go away? Maybe all they'll do is fade a little bit. At least you know the truth now and that's in a way better than living in a lie even though the truth is sometimes unwanted.

    Hang in there. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. crushing truth or beautiful lie, it´s hard to choose between those... I´ve been wondering would I do the same if I knew how it would end. I mean telling them I knew they had lied to me... I don´t know. there are still so many questions left. maybe they´ll never go away. I´ve accepted that and on the other hand, how much do I want to forget? well...

    ReplyDelete