Saturday, November 27, 2010

Denial

If I don´t say it, it´ll stay away
It will not become true
If I don´t admit, if I only deny
Sleepless nights, anxious days
those all will disappear
if I close my eyes and say no, no, no

I won´t bring myself to say it
Without a name it can´t grow
Without a given face it can´t scare me
I´ll walk from it to see a fresh dawn
touching the landscape before my eyes


If I hide it, it´ll leave me alone
It will fade and die
If I don´t face it
the pain will go eventually numb
Hours filled with insomnia
I´ll rewind and change into dreams

I won´t make it more real with words
I won´t give it power
I´ll be safe if it doesn´t have a weapon
and I´ll stay here, fading away too
into the hours I should have spent sleeping

Sleeping safely
escaping from it once again
succeeding and falling asleep at last

Inspired by this picture: http://my.deviantart.com/messages/#/d33pedq I don´t know if you can see it or not but there it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment