Saturday, February 13, 2010

Echoes

You´re the mumbling sound on the backround
that I can´t hear clearly, no matter how I try
Echoes, my hate and love relationship
Returning your voice
Taking the message away,
making it blurred

You are the child of my messy dreams,
grown by drugs and medicines
You are the creation of my wonky mind,
abused, used and raped by the owner

I´m trying to dream you my eyes wide open
Like I always did, when you were just a daydream
but nothing existing
It seems like you can´t be dreamt anymore,
since you have become too real
yet anything I could reach with bare hands

You are the child of my desires
I tried to deny them and leave them alone
You are the victim of my selfishness:
I couldn´t kill my needs like I was supposed to

This didn´t mean to happen
My imagination was just my ragdoll
And I could leave it anytime
But I´m just a human and went far too long way
trying to built a person to make me satisfied
By the lightning strike of my love
you woke up, came alive

You are the memory of the times when I was still sane,
now driving me crazy
You are the ragdoll I used to own
but this isn´t fun anymore

Again I hear your echo
it´s calling my name
I have no answer,
because I´m really afraid
Please be gentle, when you finally arrive:
My mind is fragile now and ready to break
So please be gentle and take the fears away

Inspired by "Dreaming Wide Awake".


1 comment:

  1. I want this in Ophelia's Photograph, if you will give me the permission :O

    ReplyDelete