Saturday, January 23, 2010

Men aren´t weak

All the colors of rainbow
you find on your skin
Bloody red, stormy blue, sick yellow
moldy green
Bleeding scratches you can cope with too
tiger´s nail marks creasing intact surface

And you carry your bruises with pride
because men aren´t weak

What kind of man would get beaten up?

You stick with those marks in secret
and that shame
You won´t cry

Because it´s not whacks that hurt
but that face

What kind of man would complain about this?

Men aren´t weak

I just got the idea from my fairytaleworld but it didn´t work out as nicely as I though it would have. I should have written it right away, not after a week from getting the idea. well. here it is, couldn´t resist posting it.

3 comments:

  1. I like the idea, it's not your best piece but the first stanza is very nice. Oh and I think you should change "proud" to "pride" in the second stanza, not to be a killjoy haha.

    Never resist posting, me has a lovely time reading =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, I´ll fix it ;)

    I think that I´ll rewrite this when it´s old enough :D the idea I had was way much better than this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the record, the original Finnish version kicks ass.

    ReplyDelete