Thursday, December 31, 2009

The sailors

Sailors found me from the beach
when I was little
so it must be hundred years ago
I drifted behind the seas and oceans
and I belonged to the salt of the water
No wonder why I haven´t adjusted

The sailors found me
before I drowned to the sand
They raised me on their ship
and sang me all their wild and fierce songs
My words still don´t belong to the dry land

I lo0ked at the red cities from the highest mast
and decided to go there for adventures
Now I feel sorry for that girl
who made that silly decision

Because all the cities cry salty tears inside
but it isn´t sea water

2 comments:

  1. You have no idea how much this speaks to me... it's the best you've ever written, no doubt. <3 It goes onto my list of favorites of yours. <3

    So you're driftwood, huh? Me too...

    ReplyDelete